1170 E Ellicott Rd S, Calhan, CO 80808
This comprehensive sound healer training will provide participants with the skills and knowledge needed to facilitate guided meditation and sound healing experiences. Through hands-on training with a variety of instruments, participants will directly experience the power of sound as a tool for mental, physical, and spiritual attunement. Participants are encouraged to bring their own instruments (instruments will also be provided as needed, and a variety of sound-healing instruments will be available for sale). The weekend will include a sound bath, interactive discussions, group exercises, and a “Sound Healer Open Mic” (friends and family welcome, free of charge).
*A certificate of completion will be issued to those who fully attend the workshop.
We will be exploring:
The Space: creating a hygienic “container” for healing and meditation.
– Inner space
– The outer environment
– The relationship between the facilitator and the receiver
– The Seven Directions
– The Four Elements and the Three Hearts
– Incense, altars, crystals, herbs, elements, oils, aromatherapy
– Nature sounds, white noise, recorded vs. live audio
Modalities: exploring the fundamental categories of sound-based therapy.
– What is healing? What is meditation?
– Traditional and indigenous perspectives
– Empirical science-based, physiologically-oriented treatment
– Intuitive approaches, “channeling,” etc.
– Conducting ethical “spiritual business”
Sound and Silence: frequency theory and the nature of vibration.
– Cosmology of sound
– Physics of sound
– Passive and active listening, group participation
– What are “healing frequencies” and are they objectively beneficial?
– Tuning systems, 432 hz, Schumann Resonance, Overtones, Solfeggio Frequencies, etc.
The Voice: the first instrument.
– The power of the “Word”
– Thoughts, prayers, mantras, invocations, sacred languages, translation, interpretation
– Guided meditation, drum journeying, call and response
– What constitutes a “sacred song”?
– Physiology of the voice, vocal exercises, breath, sighing, yawning, laughing, crying
– The diet of the voice
Instruments: tools of the sound healer/meditation facilitator.
– What constitutes a sound healing or meditation instrument?
– Practical demonstration, participants will gain experience giving and receiving sound in proximity to the body
– Common instruments: drums, shakers, leaves, gongs, singing bowls (metal, crystal, terracotta, etc.), guitars, flutes, handpans, tuning forks, bells, chimes, crystal instruments
– Instruments and the elements
Sound and Music Theory: the language of music.
– Dynamics, tempo, rhythm, intensity, tension and resolution
– Notes, colors, and chakra associations
– Combining instruments: determining compatibility, intervals, scales, keys
– Global music theory traditions
Harmony: principles of peace.
– Giving and receiving
– Sensitivity, empathy, intuition, emotion, compassion
– Physical, mental, and emotional balance
20 Hour Sound Healing and Guided Meditation Training
December 9 — 11
Friday (6-9pm): Introduction, guided sound meditation, foundational principles.
Saturday (10am-2pm, 3:30pm-8:30pm): Extended study.
(1 hr break)
Sunday (10am-2pm, 3:30-5pm): Q&A, “Open Mic” (friends and family invited, free attendance), formal closing.
1170 E Ellicott Rd S, Calhan, CO 80808
Cost of attendance?
Suggested donation: $250; no one turned away for lack of funds. Contact us for assistance.
Adrian DiMatteo is a graduate of the Eastman School of Music and a student of traditional indigenous lineages. For over 20 years, he has studied and traveled the world — exploring sound, language, musical culture, and how they affect individual and collective wellbeing. With a holistic approach to science and consciousness, he offers a closer look at how sound itself can impact life.
If you prefer to avoid Eventbrite fees, you may register here: